Southern African businesses face significant challenges and barriers in growing their export trade and markets, particularly due to complex trade and customs standards and regulations that vary significantly across sectors and countries.
TFSA supports the SACU+M (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa + Mozambique) business community to grow regional and international export trade, including to the UK.
Working through business support organisations, TFSA targets firms that are exporting, or near export ready, to:
- Provide free and easy access to the latest information and tools for businesses to competitively grow their exports and markets.
- Equip businesses to comply with standards and regulations across regional and global value chains, including the UK.
- Offer targeted online training sessions for firms and customs on export requirements for regional and trans-continental trade, including on UK requirements.
- Promote women’s participation in export trade to boost overall economic growth.
TFSA services include:
- Direct assistance, through live and on-demand training and knowledge events run for business networks and associations, to demonstrate good practices and navigation of key resources available to help businesses export, including separate training for customs in Mozambique.
- Digital access through the TFSA Trade and Information Hub to help businesses determine their export readiness, identify markets and buyers, and define competitive prices by utilising tailored TFSA tools as well as identified, open-access reliable resources available from international trade agencies
- Working with women-focused business support organisations to deliver export training events tailored to female entrepreneurs’ needs, featuring women-specific news and events on the Women in Trade section on the Hub, and supporting growth in sectors that already have a high participation of women.
- Direct assistance to support BSO service delivery capacity to private sector firms through the drawdown facility’s calls for proposals.